Followers

Translate

Thursday, 22 November 2012

 This card I have made using a technique shown to me by Christine Emberson. I think she called it reverse stencilling. This is where you ink the die before cutting and embossing. It creates a different look and I'm really pleased the way this card turned out. I have used spellbinders poinsetta die and created two different looks the first is by reverse stencilling and the second is by using the rubber stamp rather than embossing. The central oval is from a die by crafters companion called ornamental oval frame. I also used the embossing folder from crafters companion which is 8 x 8 which i find very useful. The finishing touch was to add pearls in decreasing sizes.
This cracker I made using a template from craftwork cards and decorated it with art deco paper and gold glitter paper. I added some jet black beads and gold ribbon. (This one's NOT for pulling) !!

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! Jan they are really gorgeous. I am really looking forward to going to Christine's studio in December, I love her ideas.
    In the meantime you had better show me how to do the reverse stencilling, it looks lovely
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure thing Sue, I will show you on Tuesday

      Delete
  2. The reverse stencilling looks wonderful, so glad you like this technique :) x

    ReplyDelete