Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 22 January 2013

 This card I have made using a combination of sewing, embossing and die cutting. I have used spellbinders for frame, Marianne designs for flower(which is LR0192) I cut this die out 4 times in copper, twice in light gold and twice in dark gold. I then cut off the stems and arranged the gold around the edge and layered the copper flowers together to create a new flower. I added a dazzler gem in light brown to the centre. I embossed the yellow card with Die'sire embossing folder. I added a strip of ribbon and used spellbinders tags and stamped the best wishes. The flourish die is from memory box (blooming vine). I finally added cosmic shimmer glue in copper as dots around the edge.

This card I have made for my dad to give to my mum for her birthday. Dad asked me to make a card. He left everything up to me as to the design, so I thought I would make something a little different. I got 2 pieces of A4 card and cut a heart out of the centre of one piece(having covered it in paper first) Then I scored both pieces of card to make the card stand proud. I added backing paper and heart shaped doily to the inside card. Then added a bouquet of flowers with the stems covered in ribbon and a bow added. I covered the top piece (aperture) with acetate to form a window. Then finally stuck the two sides together. The card stands about 5cm deep. I then added the topper of "wife" and sentiment that says " if you were a flower I'd pick you everytime". I added the memory box die (blooming vine) in pink to the top and bottom.  Along each side of the card I added pink and silver candy. I then made the box to put the card in. I hope Dad and Mum will be pleased with the result.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely cards, I love the heart aperture with the cluster of flowers and doily background - so very pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete