Followers

Translate

Saturday, 2 February 2013



 Well this was certainly a challenge. The other evening whilst with friends crafting, we looked on line at Oyster stamps. There was photos of La La land crafts. We liked the design of what seems to be a house with drawers in. When we looked for the die it turned out to be a kit that you could buy. We decided that maybe we could make something similar.....
So this is what I have created. I made the 3 boxes first, then made the sleeve for them to go in. The "roof" was a bit of trial and error until I had got the sort of shape that I liked. Then it was a case of decorating. I used Lucy Cromwell papers as they were double sided. The flowers/leaves are all from spellbinders "bitty blossoms". I used spellbinders d-lites window 2 and wrought iron, for the window and gate. I cut the gate in half and stuck onto acetate so that I could curve the gate around on each side of the window. The little girl was a rubber stamp from Sheena Douglas. I stamped it first onto white card. Then using a photocopier reduced the size until I was happy that it looked right. Then I used promarkers to colour it in. The drawer fronts were just some paper flowers that I had with a brad in the centre for the handles. The flowers on the roof were also some paper flowers that I layered up and then added pearl jems. I also added lilac candie in between each flower. Phew!!!!!!! 
 and now something more simple. This design is using a stitched pattern in lilac and gold. I added lilac and gold "spellbinders - delicate aster die" layered up quite a few times. I then added a dazzler which I coloured lilac using promarkers. The edging of the card is made by using a Martha Stewart punch- corner and border. I cut the strip into 4 with 3 flowers on each and added behind the card. I then finished off by added lilac and gold gems in the flowers.
 A valentine card ready for my husband. This is simply a red card (8 x8) with a doily stuck on. I added a doggy topper(crafters companion- mulberry wood cd). I used pinflair glaze on the rose to make it shine. Then used memory box heart dies, x-cut heart shape die, and a small punch that I have that is heart shaped. The message is from Jems designs- fancy footwork. Finally finished off with a white swirl beads.
Another picture that is out of sequence.... don't know how that happened!!!! lol

4 comments:

  1. Hi Janice, love the house, looks like you're going to be teacher...again...lol. Will we be able to make this in one evening?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally, This has taken me since Thursday to create so will might have to do in stages. xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Janice, Well done you, the little cottage is gorgeous, I can also feel a lesson coming on at Friday club, after Sally, Kentish crafters are 2nd.
    Is it another ME project haha!!
    The other cards are also beautiful.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sue, Yes this is another me creation. Will bring in on Tuesday for you to have a look. x

    ReplyDelete