Followers

Translate

Saturday, 9 March 2013

 This card is made by folding rectangles of paper in half and creating a point(like a triangle) then layering to create the star in the centre. I used some free papers that I got from a magazine ages ago.... and never used.... Mounted onto pink card, which I embossed using crafters companion 8 x 8 embossing folders. I then cut two strips of co-ordinating paper for the sides, and using the same papers did flowers and leaves using "spellbinders bitty blossoms die". The butterfly was the only other embellishment.
This card is my attempt at steam punk. A male card using stamps that I got free from docrafts magazine a while ago. I randomly stamped over white card the various cog stamps in brown ink- I let the ink get fainter as I stamped. The globe was also stamped onto the card. I then used distress ink and blended from the edges. On a separate piece of card I stamped the globe again- this time in embossing ink then added gold embossing powder and heated. When cool I cut the image out and mounted onto foam pads before adding to the card. I used "Tim Holtz- ruler" with holes in and pricked a line around the edge of the a brown piece of card. The cogs are die cut from "Docrafts dies" which I did in metal sheets from spellbinders. I used split pins to attach to some brown card and used "Stephanie Weightman die for Happy Birthday" in gold metal. The cogs do move around independently.

3 comments:

  1. Great cards and I particularly love the card using folded rectangles - very clever. The Bitty Blossoms finish it off beautifully :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine. I love bitty blossoms. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice, love both these cards. I have the globe stamp but only used it once. I will have to get it out and try it again when I get back home.
    Really like the folder paper card as well. Think you might be teacher for a few weeks....lol
    Take care
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete