Followers

Translate

Thursday, 7 March 2013

 This card is a stitched design of a heart with swirls across. I decided to do in lilac and aqua before I had even thought of what would go with it, luckily, I went through my stash of papers and found this one, which quite by chance, matched perfectly. I then did a twisted ribbon effect in the two colours and added a flower from "Memory box - fabulous phlox" on each side of the ribbon in aqua. The sentiment is happy birthday- which you can just make out on the photo. I had a aqua butterfly embellishment, which completes the look.
These two samples are my first attempt at the shaving foam effect. I watched Sue Wilson on create and craft doing this and was mesmerised by the result. Needless to say my husband needs to buy himself some more shaving foam now!!!!!
The red swirls were made using "craftynotions- creative colour spray- as I didn't have any cosmic shimmer mist. This was my first attempt. The blue effect was done using a food dye. (worked out just as well and cheaper too!!). I will be using these on cards soon.- watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janice,

    I see you being teacher again,mot show us this shaving foam effect. How messing does it get???
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. unfortunately Sally, this is very messy.... but worth it. x

      Delete