Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 23 April 2013

 My first Christmas card made this year!!!!. This simple stitched pattern reminded me or art deco designs so I found an embossing folder that was art deco and did that in silver - not quite mirri card but similar. Mounted onto black card. The Art deco lady was from docrafts. The happy Christmas dies are from Britannia Dies.
 Another stitched card. The topper inside is from "Morehead - from Crafters Companion cd". I inked around the design using Tim Holtz distress inks and also around the edge of the stitched card just to soften the appearance a little. Mounted off centre onto stripped paper and then onto swirl paper. Pink and white flowers complete the look.
I got this inspiration from looking at john next doors blog yesterday. He had used a similar corner die to decorate a box. I thought I would have a go but I thought I would create the lid of the box in acetate. I have used Spellbinders - Heartfelt creations "Decorative Blossom Corner" on all 4 corners. Then using Spellbinders "Bitty Blossoms" have created 3 white flowers between the corners. I thought I might make the box into a note card pack. I might make dividers for the box and then make little notelets and envelopes to go inside as a gift.

2 comments:

  1. love the box jan, it's better than mine! lol I love the card might have to have a go at your fabric covered box! john x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice

    I love all the cards but you will be in trouble with Wendy for mentioning the 'C' word...lol
    Hope your bringing them along tomorrow for us to see.
    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete