Followers

Translate

Monday, 1 April 2013

This is a cascading poppy easel card. The image in the dome is from the cd rom "A walk in the countryside". I also got the backing paper and the insert page which is on the base of this card. The photo doesn't show it too well but there is a faint version of the main picture on the insert page. I didn't have a poppy die so I improvised by using spellbinders" Carnation creations" die. I cut 2 of the largest flower per poppy, then cut two petals off each one and joined the flower up so that it only had 4 petals . I then layered the two, slightly offsetting the flowers. I then cut a strip of black paper and cut into (like a fringe) and rolled up to create the centre. The leaves are from spellbinders "foliage two" and the swirl is from Marianne "LR0120", which I cut two out then chopped about so that I could mix among the poppies. The sentiment is "Justrite stamps" onto spellbinders "Labels 20". The "happy birthday" is from "tattered lace" dies.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! It is absolutely stunning.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice this is beautiful, and so clever how you made the poppies. Sally xx

    ReplyDelete