Saturday, 22 June 2013

 Here is the next instalment in my Christmas cards. This one I have used spellbinders labels 1 to cut the shape of the card, as well as the layers. The topper is from forever friends which I cut down a bit so that it would fit in the centre of my stitching.

 This card I have kept simple with no matting and layering. I feel the topper and the background paper is busy enough, without adding to it.
and finally for this section a card that I got the idea of the layout from Sue in my craft group who had made this layout in mauve and green with a stitched tulip pattern. I thought it was really good so I told her I would be stealing her idea. Luckily for me, she said it was ok. The front of the card has been scored down the centre to give 2 panels. Not really an easel card, but just gives a different look. I put the same green backing paper onto the front of the card so that it wouldn't look so bland.

And just a note: if you go onto "johnnextdoors" blog he gives details on how to take the best photos of your projects. I'm afraid I had already taken these photos before I had read his blog today. But I will try in the future to make my photos look more appealing. 


  1. There's nothing wrong with your photo´s Jan!! lol To answer your question from earlier I shot acetate or miri card I Turn off the front light and simply use the diffused light through the sheets. Email me if you want any more

    John x

  2. Janice these are lovely. The colours all go so well together.....I going to take a look at johnsnextdoor, blog now. Sally x

  3. Another lovely lot of cards, you are really going full pelt with Christmas cards, I think I had better get in your slip stream haha!!
    I am going to look at johnsnextdoor now
    Sue xx