Followers

Translate

Sunday, 23 June 2013

Last of the collection 


 Here is the final instalment of the cards that I have been stitching over the last few weeks. As I said previously, I had a stitching pattern book that contained 20 patterns. I thought I would work my way through the book and make into Christmas cards. I have to confess that there are only 19 photos here. One stitched pattern I completed, but when it came to making into a card I totally ruined it by cutting into the square card. Once I had cut it there was no going back despite several attempts at trying to make into "an interesting shape". In the end I tore it up and threw away.
 I have tried to do something different each time to the cards, by either layering, cutting into a different shape, keeping small or making into larger cards.
 Some cards I have kept simple and others I have added lots of embellishments.
 The final two cards did not lend themselves well to being Christmas cards, so I have made into birthday cards instead.
 I have tried to take John's advice about photographing my cards. These photos I have done by placing the card inside a white box (a lid that I had made for a large card) I kept the light on beside the box. Can you see an improvement?
Take care everyone and thanks for taking the time to view my blog. xx

1 comment:

  1. Really beautiful jan, I don't know how you have the patience for all that stitching.

    John x

    ReplyDelete