Followers

Translate

Sunday, 21 July 2013

 
 
One Die - 3 looks!!
 
I decided to try a limit myself to using one die and to see how many different variations I could come up with. This is my result although I am not finished yet, but this is all I managed to do yesterday after being at Christine's charity event.
 
The die is from Spellbinders- 2011 Heirloom Ornaments
 
 
 
 This first card I made I decided to stamp an image into the largest size die onto white card. After colouring in with promarkers and glittering around the edge, I found the backing paper that I wanted to go with it. At that point I wasn't sure what else to do, then I came up with the idea of having the smaller sizes around the main image. Once I had cut them out and glittered around the edges of them all I decided to add the Christmas sentiment onto the 2nd largest size. I arranged them around the card then using some glittery thread I added the "string" on which the baubles would "hang" from. I am pleased with the result.
 With this card I decided to also stamp into the largest size bauble. I had the stamp from Heartfelt creations that matched the spellbinders die. The Image of the Poinsettia is on the stamp. I decided to colour in completely the image in black so that it would then become an outline. I cut the poinsettia (from Spellbinders) out of quite thick vellum and added a red gem to the centre. The background design is achieved by using an embossing folder on core'dinations paper and gently rubbing over with sandpaper to reveal the core colour underneath. I cut out the wording using Spellbinders Presto Punch "Plain Jane lower case dies. The ribbon is then added to the side.
... and finally, a winter scene. I cut the largest bauble out from the middle of the card then cut another one in white card- which I embossed with dots. I then inserted the white cut out into the space from the background card so that it would remain level and flat. I then cut out 3 reindeers from Memory Box           " leaping deer" die in white card and using blue inks made the 3 different shades of blue. The bottom scene is also from memory box "Country Landscapes" which I also inked in blue to give a bit of shading. The small deer and the snowflake is from Marianne Collectables "COL1330". The wording is from Britannia dies.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Janice, these are all beautiful, I really like the third one with the deers. Is this the die you are bringing on Wednesday?
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab Jan I've just ordered this die yesterday so thanx for the inspiration! Glad you had a good day at Christine and raise so much money you are a star!

    John x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Janice the cards are simply lovely.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete