Followers

Translate

Friday, 23 August 2013

Back to making cards!!

After the effort of making my quilt I am back to making cards. This is more my scene as normally they are quick and easy.

Here are my cards so far to date:-
 A couple of stitched cards. Just 6 x 6 inches so not too big. Simply layered onto appropriate coloured card I have tried to keep the embellishments easy. On the card below I am thinking of either adding a shell charm or maybe add a sentiment. Haven't quite decided yet.
 
 This card is stitched using a multi coloured thread. I used spellbinders die to cut the shape after I had stitched the pattern - luckily it fitted perfectly!!. I have added a topper and some tiny flowers to the bottom of the image.
 This card I have made for my brother's birthday in September. My brother Mike is a volunteer at a tiger sanctuary in Kent  at weekends and recently did a sponsored streak through London Zoo to raise money for the tigers. This image is decoupage and mounted onto orange card. I had some tiger stripped candi and a white sentiment which I coloured in with promarkers. The picture doesn't show it but I added glossy accents to the tiger's eyes and nose which really make the animal to appear to be watching you! Quite eerie!!!
 This anniversary card is also for my brother Mike and his wife Sandra. It will be their wedding anniversary in Sept. I got inspiration for this card from a card that I had seen on facebook. I have kept the design in white and cream using various dies. I embossed the backing card and added a white sheer ribbon across centre.

1 comment:

  1. All these cards are lovely Janice. Sally x

    ReplyDelete