My quilt not quite finished... but nearly !!
Here is my Kingsize quilt almost completed. Please excuse the messy bedroom. I didn't realise how untidy my side of the bedroom is until I had uploaded these photos.
I still have some buttons to sew on at the corners of the motif squares. I chose the same pattern to use in each of the squares with a combination of 6 different fabrics. I have 12 large squares in total of the pattern and 4 small corner squares as in the photos below. I used a zig zag stitch to sew design onto background and because I used pinking shears to cut fabric out I didn't need to have a hem. The stripy fabric on the front is the same fabric that I have used on the back. The 6 different fabrics have then been added around the whole design in strips.
Now that it is almost finished I can say that I enjoyed making it, although next time (if there is a next time) I will try and set up my sewing machine on my dining table as working in my craft room I found myself battling with the fabric as it was so large and heavy it was a struggle to feed through the machine at times.