Followers

Translate

Sunday, 18 August 2013

My quilt not quite finished... but nearly !!


 
 Here is my Kingsize quilt almost completed. Please excuse the messy bedroom. I didn't realise how untidy my side of the bedroom is until I had uploaded these photos.

I still have some buttons to sew on at the corners of the motif squares. I chose  the same pattern to use in each of the squares with a combination of 6 different fabrics. I have 12 large squares in total of the pattern and 4 small corner squares as in the photos below. I used a zig zag stitch to sew design onto background and because I used pinking shears to cut fabric out I didn't need to have a hem. The stripy fabric on the front is the same fabric that I have used on the back. The 6 different fabrics have then been added around the whole design in strips.


Now that it is almost finished I can say that I enjoyed making it, although next time (if there is a next time) I will try and set up my sewing machine on my dining table as working in my craft room I found myself battling with the fabric as it was so large and heavy it was a struggle to feed through the machine at times.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! Janice, it's brilliant, love the colours.
    Well done you, where will your talents end LOL!!
    Truly though you must be really chuffed with the results, I love it
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Janice, a great design. You are so talented, you have great ideas and you are so quick in finishing anything you do.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Jan well worth the time

    John x

    ReplyDelete