Thursday, 26 September 2013

September Challenge

Here is my entry for the September challenge. Unfortunately I didn't win. The cards made by the group are getting better and better. Everyone is creating wonderful cards. Click on the link at the side of the page  (card-stitching)to see them all. Congratulations to Sue and Carol who were the winners this month. On my card I have used Martha Stewart air dry paper clay and a mould from Lakeland to make the white roses. The sparkling gem in the centre I have coloured using promarkers to match the main colour of the card.

Thursday, 19 September 2013

More Origami Boxes

 Here are the three origami boxes that I have made. The blue one I have already shown on my blog.

 The red one is for Christmas. The white bows and silver bells on the top came off some Christmas crackers a few years ago that I had saved.  The green and white one has my favourite die (delicate aster) on top.

Wednesday, 18 September 2013


 This box was made following the instructions from

Using a piece of 12 x 12 double sided paper and just folding you created the box.

Some additional ribbon for decoration was the only thing added for the box.

The lid is just card and paper with flowers and butterflies as decoration.

Monday, 16 September 2013

Christmas Robin Stitched Card.

Here is a stitched card that I didn't originally intend to be a Christmas card. Once I had stitched it I searched through my toppers for a suitable image and found the robin on a log. I also had recently bought some Christmas papers - one with robins on - so it seemed like destiny !!!!!. I backed the stitched card onto green card. With the spellbinders holly across the bottom I used the sparkle medium- forest green from Imagination Crafts. I kept the piece in the die and spread the medium across - like you do when stencilling. I had to make sure that it was cleaned properly afterwards, but I think it looks quite effective, especially mounted onto red card. The "Happy Christmas" are word dies that I have used often. The little robin on the side is done using Martha Stewart air dry clay and a mould.

Tuesday, 10 September 2013

A couple of cards- using dies

 This card had been made using cheery lyn dies. I cut only half the die out on all four sides- (a bit tricky as it had to hang off the edge of the plates). Then I cut out another piece of card using the first piece as a guide to make the central piece. Using Britannia dies- small filigree lily, I cut 3 lilys out in different colours. Cheery lyn die- flourish leaf strip was the die I used for the foliage which I arranged across centre.
This card was made by using the embossing folder "O Christmas tree" from Die'sire. I used quite thick vellum and using a blue water colour pencil lightly coloured in sections of the vellum from behind. I have just used Martha Stewart punch for the snow flake borders and Memory Box alphabet dies for the wording.

Sunday, 8 September 2013


Here is a card I have made using some new dies that I bought at Sandown Craft show. They are mostly Cheery Lyn Dies. Firstly I cut two windows into white card- "Window c". I backed the window with some net curtain.Then using "Daisy Chain Border" die cut out loads of lilac flowers. I had some beading cotton and small purple beads so I threaded beads and flowers alternate onto the cotton, until I had about 7 layers. I put a small dob of glue to hold beads in place. Using memory box "Orchard tree frame" and Cheery lyn " Daisy chain border" cut out in brown card I arranged the branches across the two windows. (I cut the frame off the memory box die-cut). I then glued my "wisteria" flowers randomly across branches. Then using "Flourish leaf strip" I cut several green leaves and arranged on top of the flowers - covering up the cotton. The flower troughs at the bottom of the window are from Tonic. I then used Memory box "Tessatina border" & "Bella Bouquet" and made a trellis and flowers up the side of the window. Spellbinders "Lace doily accents" across the top in lilac completes the card.

Saturday, 7 September 2013


A simple wedding card for my nephew who is getting married in October. I had seen something similar to this in a magazine a while ago so decided to try and see if I could do the same. I used Martha Stewart punches do create the layered look across the bottom half of the card using white hammered card. Matted onto silver mirri board. I have then cut out a silver heart and  then a white smaller heart so that you can just see the edge of the silver heart. Again using white hammered card have punched out several flowers. I then added a clear gem to the centre of each flower and stuck them onto the silver heart. I have used silver glitter peel offs for the couples initials "R & S".