Followers

Translate

Thursday, 21 November 2013

Candles and cards.

Yes, it's that time of the year when everything is to do with Christmas !!

Not to be left behind, here are a couple of Christmas cards and candles that I have made.
 This Christmas tree consists of bows. I arranged the bows so they give the impression of a tree. I then used a fine marker in green to draw the shape of the tree and added some green gems and the wording "Merry Christmas"
 This card was created using a stamp that I got free in a magazine. I used embossing powders in gold and black and then cut out the bauble using spellbinders dies. I stuck them on one side of the card. I added some strips of glitter in gold to highlight the edges and added the wording on the other side.
 I have been experimenting with candles. I printed off this photo of Rolo, my border terrier dog just onto plain copier paper. I then lay over the candle. Using a heat gun I slowly melted the wax off the candle so that the image is stuck onto the candle . I think it looks great. An ideal Christmas present.
This candle uses the same technique as above, but this time I stamped the image onto tissue paper and then used the heat gun. I added the ribbon at the top using red tape to stick.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful projects - I am especially loving the Rolo candle..it is superb! I can see that I may need to steal this idea!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacquie,
    Love your cards, very clever idea with the bows. Great candles too.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to making the candles. A very clever idea of the bow Christmas card. Sally x

    ReplyDelete