Followers

Translate

Saturday, 11 January 2014

A box of flowers !!!





Years ago, before I made cards, I bought a flower card for my mum's birthday. It arrived with fresh flowers in, looking a lot like the photo above. She really liked it, but once the flowers had died, she had nothing left.
 
So, I decided to make a card for her birthday this month on the same idea but this time I added papers flowers and embellishments so that she can keep it forever. I used an A3 piece of card to create the box shaped card. Then I added another piece of card for the middle box. I then added the flowers- which are paper, resin and fabric. I used green card for the leaf swirls behind the flowers. The embellishments on the front and inside add the finishing touches. A stamped message inside. I added the "happy birthday mum" which are dies from Robert Addams. I printed off a verse from a crafters companion cd rom, which I put on the back. There is a pink ribbon at the side to tie it together.  I
 
I hope she likes this one as much as real flowers !!!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is really pretty...your Mum will love it. Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice this is beautiful, I bet your Mum was really happy with it and as you say she will be able to keep this one.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete