Followers

Translate

Saturday, 25 January 2014

A couple of cards completed....a owl birthday and a ribbon flower/stitched card.

 These two cards are completely different. The first, an owl birthday card for my son Daniel, the second a stitched card.

The owl comes from a template from "Anna-Marie Designs". I have attached "googly eyes". The bridge that the owl is on is actually a cup cake case. It was in light blue, but I decided to use promarkers and colour it in brown.  The "happy birthday" and "Daniel" are dies from Memory Box. The frame is from spellbinders "Decorative labels 4".
On this stitched pattern I decided to use one colour thread throughout. Although the thread is variegated. I have used memory box "Tilda Swirl" die in the centre of stitching. The ribbon flower was made by my crafting friend Sandy. She was just showing me how to colour the white ribbon and then to draw the thread through and tie to make a flower. When she had finished I told her how well it would look on my card, so as a true friend she gave it to me. The background paper is actually vellum (taken from Making cards magazine some while ago). There are clear beads around the edge of the card, but the photo doesn't show them up clearly. I finished off using green gems on the corners of the stitched card and in the centre of the flower.

1 comment:

  1. They care both beautiful cards Janice, I love those flowers, can't wait for them to come in, I ordered them last night. The owl is really cute and I love those googly eyes
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete