Followers

Translate

Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Mannequin

 
Here is a mannequin that I have just finished decorating. I bought the mannequin from indigo blu. The mannequin is made from cardboard and comes complete with a stand made from wood. Firstly I covered the mannequin with a thin coating of "Pinflair - Buffet in silver " which is a fast drying glossy craft polish.  Once dried I got an ordinary tissue and stamped some designs using purple ink. I then got some cheap P.V.A craft glue and applied to the mannequin where I wanted the stamped image. I then cut the stamped image out of the tissue and laid it on top of the glue and then brushed some more P.V.A over.  I was able to reverse the image (as on the front of the mannequin) as the tissue was thin enough, that when I applied the glue, the image came through clearly. Once dried I applied decopatch sealing varnish over the whole of the mannequin.
 
To decorate I have stuck some white pearl beads (which comes in a strip) around neck and waist. For the "skirt frill" I bought some curtain tassels in white, which I changed to purple using ink which I rubbed over the tassels to absorb. Then I put a strip of the red sticky tape across my craft mat. I then cut the tassel tops off and stuck on to the tape to now form a fringe. I then added another strip of red tape over the fringe to keep in one piece. I was then able to peel off from my craft mat and trim top and bottom before sticking to bottom of mannequin. I then added a strip of lace (again coloured purple using promarkers) over the top to give a neater appearance. Finally added a strip of purple gems.

2 comments:

  1. Really lovely janice, sounds like a lot of work to me. Seriously is it something you can bring along to the club, iwould love to see it. Also the black work, as I said on fb you can use one of my walls to display it. I love it haha!!
    sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely janice, sounds like a lot of work to me. Seriously is it something you can bring along to the club, iwould love to see it. Also the black work, as I said on fb you can use one of my walls to display it. I love it haha!!
    sue xx

    ReplyDelete