Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 11 February 2014

The beginning of a project !!

I have decided to make some cushion covers to be used just for Christmas.


 As you can see from these two photos I am working with my dies to get the templates that I want.

Some of the dies are too small just as they are to use as a template, so I have used them on some cheap card and then enlarged the images using my photocopier.




 When I have got the size that I wanted, I cut the image out and then used as a template  onto felt.
 Of course, the largest spellbinder dies were the right size ......
 ..... but this owl was enlarged several times before I was happy with the size. You can see that I have started to attached the pieces together using blanket stitch......




 
On this one I have started sewing some details in for the holly leaves.
 
 

 I will keep you posted on my progress, and will photo each cushion once completed.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment