Followers

Translate

Saturday, 8 March 2014

A Double sided aperture card - (I think !!)

 This card I have made after seeing a similar card in a magazine. It is a large card A4 size.The papers I have used have a zig-zag "stitched" look around the edges, which gave me the overall theme for the card. I decided to use metal eyelets for the ribbon to feed through at the front. The green ribbon matches the leaves & stem of the flower on the front. I also added some coloured candi at the bottom.
 Using a die (X-cut) I made the apertures on each side. Once decorated I was unsure what to do in the aperture part. I could have had an image inside on the back of the card but to have it central would mean that it would be folded down the middle.
 I then thought of suspending something from the aperture on wire....
.... but in the end, I decided to use acetate and glue the words " Happy birthday" on it. I used a Memory box alphabet die for the letters and scored the acetate in the middle before sticking the letters onto it, so that the card still folds almost flat.

I have kept the middle of the card clear at the moment so that I can add a message later, when I have decided who to send it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment