Followers

Translate

Monday, 3 March 2014

A flower topiary gift for Mother's Day

My lovely crafting friend, Wendy, showed me how to fold a square of paper to make into a petal. Then by gluing 6 together make a flower.

I was so impressed I thought I would take it a stage further by making a "topiary type ball" out of the flowers.

It took 90 petals to complete the ball. I used 23 sheets of 6 x 6 papers which I cut into 3 x 3 squares.

I added black and clear flat gem to the centre of each of the flowers.

I was able to buy a black glass pot (in the sale for £1.49) which I covered the top with matching paper. I then added a co-ordinating ribbon and bow around the rim of the pot. The flower is attached to a gardening bamboo plant stake, which I coloured lilac using "Pinflair buff-it glossy craft polish"

The stake is then put into gardeners oasis to hold in place inside the pot.

I am very pleased with the result. 

3 comments:

  1. The is lovely Janice. I was showing Christine how to make these today. I tried it using 2"x 2" squares, they were fine to fold. I think we might have to make one of these on a wednesday night? Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just about to say that I got to see how these flowers were made today! What a brilliant topiary, you could teach this as a class Janice.... :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sally and Christine, this has turned out beautiful, I have had a go at making a single flower, well happy with it, trouble is my granddaughter took it home on Sunday LOL!!
    Well done, I will ask for a few tips when I see you next, I simply love it
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete