Followers

Translate

Sunday, 25 May 2014

MDF BOX now decorated.

 

 


 
I bought this MDF box a few weeks ago when I went to the Sincerely yours show at Biggin Hill. It was just a plain box. I bought the word "Home" at the same time. Very cheap the box and the word home only came to £10.50 and the box is 13.75 x 10.5 x 3.75 inches.  (Look at MDFMAN.CO.UK) I have decorated the box using the wallpaper that I have in my craft room. I bought the letters for Janice elsewhere and I have glittered these up using purple glitter. The word home I have used pinflair's " Buff-it fast drying glossy craft polish" in lavender. I then used a butterfly stencil over the word using the silver buff-it polish. I then used a black fine point pen to draw the outline of the butterflies a bit more so that the butterflies stood out more. A few pearls and some flowers to decorate the word. As you can see I have added loads of flowers in the top right hand corner of the box. A strip of ribbon and pearls on top of each side of the hinges. Then I added some silver charms all depicting the crafts that I love, ie, knitting, sewing and cutting out !!. I have still to decorate inside the box, but will do that later when I have decided what to store in the box. At the moment it is one large box, but I might divide into sections to store more things.

5 comments:

  1. This box is so pretty, well done. I bet you have a spot on your craft room wall all ready for it, as it is in your favourite colours.
    Well done
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice
    Love how you have decorated your box. MDF man dies some terrific stuff I get from the shows as I don't think he does mail order anymore.
    Best wishes.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww i just love this Janice thank you for sharing
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Janice, I think I am going to have to get some stuff from the MDF man. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super project Janice. I bought hearts from the MDF man at a show at the end of last year and used them for a workshop for my ladies last month. I had shown them how to put the paper on and use the sander to remove the excess and gave them a few ideas but they really enjoyed the project and every single one was so different. I have some of the butterflies to do when I get the time. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete