Followers

Translate

Saturday, 3 May 2014

Some stitched cards that I have made.

These cards I stitched a while ago, but have just got around to making into cards.


This first card I have used a "Crafters companion topper" and a Sue Wilson "bow die". The die was cut out in pink then stuck onto blue card and then cut around by scissors. I think it's pretty in pastel colours.



 When I first stitched this pattern, I had no idea what I was going to do with it...(which is often the case!!)... I knew I wanted something bold but not necessarily flowers. I have just bought this rubber stamp from docrafts. I thought I would stamp it with embossing ink and use a blue embossing powder to raise the outlines. I then used a watercolour pencil in blue to colour the image in. Backed onto a air force blue card (I know it looks navy in photo) I think I have achieved what I wanted.....what do you think?
 

 A larger 8 x 8 card for this one. I used two complementing background papers which are divided by the ribbon. I have layered the stitched card onto a green circle , then a pink (tonic die) circle and finally onto a green (Martha Stewart circle punch) circle. I have added the banner (spellbinders) and the wording (Robert Addams).
 This heart pattern did not come out exactly as the pattern stated, but I am pleased with my result. I have just added a layer of grey card onto the red card and added 4 red hearts in each corner. I was extremely brave and stamped the sentiment directly onto the card once I had put together....this is VERY BRAVE of me as usually I ruin the card with my stamping as I normally don't stamp very well (its a bit hit and miss with me!!!!!)
 A small 6 x 6 card with little embellishments, just the silver die cut heart (Memory Box) and 2 crystal hearts added (they look like goggley eyes in the photo don't they?)
 and finally this card. I glittered the edges of the white leaves with blue glitter and added a selection of white and blue flowers across the centre. The blue gems are actually all the same colour but the top ones were in the shade a bit more so they look darker.

Well that's me all up to date, must start another project soon. xx

12 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy. I really must get stitching again. These are all lovely.
    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Jan, I'm a new visitor, come over from John next door who featured your card below, on his blog this morning. (beautiful)
    I have a question - do you just cut your fabric that you have stitched, and mount with raw edges, or how do you finish them so that they don't fray?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lesley, I'm not sure if you are referring to the stitched cards. They are stitched directly onto card and not fabric. So there are no raw edges. Hope that makes sense. x

      Delete
    2. Oh, that makes sense - I thought you had stitched onto fabric, then fixed it to the card. I've never considered embroidering straight onto the card, so another effect to try out. Thank you for the reply too!

      Delete
  3. Lovely card-all of them. They must have taken you quite some time to complete.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Jan, I too have come from John Next Door. I run a craft club and I and a lot of my ladies love doing stitched cards so it is great to see them on your blog. Like you, I dabble in lots of different crafts. Having just read about your Bucket covering I can well understand the frustration and it is good to see a blog which tells a story we can all relate too!! With best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan. You have made some beautiful goodies, and the card shown on John Next Doors blog today is lovely. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a selection of fab cards ,great cards ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi have come over from Johns blog , you have some lovely cards here Jan , you must be very proud ? x
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your comments. I was thrilled to bits when I saw that John had put my card on his blog. Have a great bank holiday weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jan
    I'm another waftee from John (couldn't get the link to work earlier). Love your card al a John but Wow to the stitched ones. . . . . .stunning! My, you must have some patience and a steady hand.
    Off to click "follow" now as can't wait to see more.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been so busy - beautiful cards! Love your take on John Next Door's card too - really lovely xx

    ReplyDelete