Followers

Translate

Thursday, 8 May 2014

"The Owl and the Butterfly..........."


 Here is the card that I had trouble with at first. For those of you who follow "John next door's blog" you will know that he often does a card using a background die, inspired by him, I decided to have a go. I had a 8 x 8 piece of purple card which I used Sue Wilson "Californian Collection background" on. I had to move the die over once to fill the 8 x 8 card.  However, once I had done this it didn't look right...there was too much background !!. Having looked at John's blog again I noticed that he broke the background up by using layers.  So I cut into the background piece and cut three sections out of the 8 x 8 card. I first cut the small square in the middle, then the outside border, which left a smaller middle border section. I stuck the outside border and the middle square directly onto my card. I then added a couple of layers onto the square middle section so that when I added the 3rd piece it was raised. I added ribbon and a sparkly gem.  The owl was wooded which I used gold and coloured gilding flakes onto and then backed it onto a piece of gold paper. I used pearl drops all around the card in the centres of the design and finally added a sentiment which I used promarker pen around the edge of as it was too white.
The owl in close up. 
 and here is the butterfly card. Not a very clear photo (not sure why !). I used Spellbinders Card Creator (A2 modern stationery). I folder my piece of card into 3 (concertina) and then cut out using the largest size. This gave me a 3 sided card. I embossed the front section (cant see in photo but it was x-cut butterflies) and added the topper and backing paper to the rest of the card. I used Tonic butterfly strip punch and cut out a strip in silver which I stuck inside. The little butterflies that were cut out of the strip I have stuck on randomly on the front.

2 comments:

  1. Great interpretation Jan

    John x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 1st card is amazing, 2nd card is lovely.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete