Followers

Translate

Wednesday, 18 June 2014

A butterfly frame card and a new toy for me to play with !!



This butterfly frame card has been made using my new toy. I have just purchased a silhouette portrait cutting machine. So far I am very impressed with it. You can download cutting designs which go from frames, words, complete cards, plus gifts. Once downloaded (they cost about 60p) you can re-size up to A4. I also bought the pens as well, this enables you to draw the cutting file rather than cut it out - or do a combination of the two (ie, write a name in the centre of a cutting design and then cut the design out. Also because it is connected to your computer, any font that you have on your computer you can use as a cutting file.

Anyway, back to the card, once I had cut the frame out I stuck it onto white card. Using my Fiskars stamping mat I stamped the image of the bear and also the message. I coloured the image using water pencils. I have added the wording "Happy birthday" (Robert Adams dies) and the birds (spellbinders).
The pale blue and pale green ribbons complete the frame. I have also added small pearls onto the butterflies on the frame.

Backed onto black, then pale green gingham and finally pale blue card. Card size is 8.5 x 8.5 inches.

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Jan. Wow new machine, you will never want to get off it lol! I shall look forward to more beautiful creations from you.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice
    Ooooh, lucky girlie.If I could get a Silhouette for £25.00 on ebay , I may be tempted lol!
    Super card and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are so clever , { to be honest i would not have a clue what to do with the Silhouette } i have just had a Grand Caliber so will have another play today. your card is lovely , have another good day today Jan, looks like rain where i am .

    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete