Followers

Translate

Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Hinged box with compartments

 I was playing around with different ideas when I thought about making a box with compartments in. The box itself was easy enough to make, as I tend to make boxes for my cards anyway. I made a box and a lid as normal, then I cut the lid at one side so that it would become a hinge. Then I just stuck the lid to the box at the side that I had just cut. (hope that makes sense......I know what I'm trying to say LOL !!) The flowers on the top are made from spellbinders dies.
 For the compartments I cut out 9 circles using x-cut die. Then I folded in each side to create a flap. I simply glued the flaps together to form a solid square. I thought that you could create a themed box just by choosing the appropriate papers ie: sewing bits and bobs, gems, Chocolates, small cakes etc etc.
 


 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jan, just beautiful. Love all the little compartments and the Union Jack on the lid is fabulous.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see you being teach again. This is lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    Smashing box. I understand what you mean about the hinge. Great idea about the compartments too.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your idea Janice my grandchildren would love this as they seem to like little compartments , to fill in with marbles and little people etc etc and it would save me from treading on them we will have a go at making this when they are next over for a stay .

    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great project, is that a club demo coming on
    Well done
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete