Followers

Translate

Monday, 9 June 2014


My Little Brother's a Star !!

A birthday card for my little brother, who will be 46 this year!!! but he will always be my little brother to me.

As owls are still everywhere and still my favourite .....even better than butterflies I think!, I decided to us this owl which is from hunky-dory called "night watch".

It was a set that came complete with 8 sheets of accent foiled adorable scorable card and 4 sheets of foiled and die-cut toppers. There are 10 owls on each sheet as well as branches, sentiments, leaves, stars and moons.

I used a Tonic die (cant remember the name of) for the middle section. Because I had used the matching card to go with the owls, there was already a moon printed on it, so as I used the die over it the moon was cut into. I simply replaced the cut out bits back into the card until the moon was intact. I backed onto some silver mirri card and then onto the black base card. I used Martha Stewart punch to create the star strip. The little stars that came out of the strip I have stuck onto the central piece where the lines cross.

The Brother wording is also from Tonic.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jan, love the little Owl, so cute.

    Happy Birthday to your Brother.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little Brothers card and so will he im sure ,
    The older we get the more precious our siblings become .

    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute Janice, I'm sure your brother will love it!! My best wishes to him. Will be missing for a couple of weeks visiting mum and having a holiday so will catch up with what you have been doing at the end of the month, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Janice, I love the owl.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janice
    Mr Owl is so cute.I'm sure your little bro will love it. . . . . . .he'll definitely give a hoot! (Sorry, couldn't resist lol!)
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete