Followers

Translate

Saturday, 26 July 2014

Flutter by butterfly

A stitched card with a pretty butterfly on.

I tried to keep to the colours of pink, purple and green. I cut the butterfly (spellbinders - I think it's called Papillion) out of white card and coloured using promarkers. I then found the backing paper which is very vibrant - but  I love it! and it is mainly pink, purple and green.

I backed the stitched piece onto purple card and backed the backing paper onto lime green card. I then used strips of lime green and purple card across the corners and added a pink gem.

I've added green gems to the corners of the stitched piece and also down the centre of the butterfly. I then added a "blob" of Dovecraft glitterglue to the butterfly wings at the top and bottom, as we all know that butterflies have to  be sparkly (it's the craft law).

2 comments:

  1. I love all your stitched cards, this one is lovely too, you are so talented .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,

    So love your stitched cards, they are exquisite and so elegant looking. You are a clever Lady.

    Love & Hugs
    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete