Followers

Translate

Sunday, 20 July 2014

No you cant retire !!

My husband is a builder and is 63 years old this year. He keeps dropping hints that he wants to retire early - but I choose to ignore these hints...

I decided to make this birthday card for him as an apron with all his tools on it. I have added some faux stitching around the edge of the apron and also around the pocket.
Some of the tools are metal charms and the others are from a die by Robert Addams.
The tape measure is actually ribbon. I cut a small piece off and rolled it up to look like a tape measure.

As a reminder that he still has to work I have added a clock charm so that he can see how time goes by really quickly when you are occupied LOL !!

5 comments:

  1. I Love the card Janice, tell him NO he can't retire because it would get in the way of your crafting, after all he can' go fishing every day haha!!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, love it Jan. I think you would have made your feelings very clear. Fabulous card.

    Good Luck for next week

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan
    My Hubby is a lot younger and would still be happy to retire lol!
    Love the clever shape and design and I'm sure Hubby will love it too.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice, I really like this one. The Robert Addams tool dies are on my want/need list.
    Maybe we could do this one one night.
    xxSally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janice
    Oh dear ,im saying nothing with regard to the retirement , but i will say your card is just Fab, i love it !

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete