Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Not your usual kind of Christmas card !

Carrying on the theme of using pages from a book, this card has been created by using Spellbinders Xmas tree die on the page of a book.

I then lay the die over some hammered cream card (from PMD) and using a brown ink pad lightly coloured the card around the die (I didn't colour on top of the die as I wanted the background to stay cream).

I then stuck the die cut image into the space where the card was still cream.

I have added small turquoise gems all over the Xmas tree.

I found that I had some ribbon that matched beautifully so I applied that across the top. The "happy Christmas" is from Robert Addams dies on turquoise card (PMD).

I have then used a small bauble stamp in brown ink 3 times across the top.

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic idea, love it as it is so pretty .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning card Jan, it looks amazing.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan, thanks for your lovely comment. I am not by any means organized, I used to be but with an untidy hubby you get fed up following them around so the place is a mess lol! I too always used to move furniture around, that way others can see you have cleaned lol! I would take a before and after photo but I don't think there will be any difference lol! Have a nice day.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice
    Love the effect you have achieved here. It looks so soft and blended in, if that makes sense.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete