Followers

Translate

Friday, 25 July 2014

Opposites attract !!

This card has been created from an idea using the Spellbinders In'spire die "Silhouette".

When I saw this die I thought of Wedgewood potteries. So I cut two out one in white and the other one in pale blue. I then reversed the image so that the white was in the blue background and vice versa.

I then had to try and find some matching blue paper for the background. I found this piece that had black swirls on , but was almost the same shade of blue. (I have a drawer of blue background papers and would you believe it could only find this one piece that was anywhere near the right shade of blue!).

So now I have black in the colour scheme, so I backed the 2 pieces of card onto black and also put black behind the blue backing paper.

The happy birthday is from Robert Addams dies. and the black flower is from Spellbinders Delicate Aster. I have just added white pearls to the centre of each flower. 

The photo doesn't show the wording up to well as it seems to get lost among the backing paper - in real life it doesn't look too bad.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant card Jan, love the opposite idea.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete