Followers

Translate

Monday, 28 July 2014

Up-cycling an old book

It seems the fashion to up-cycle these days and I know that other crafters have used pages from a book.

This is my take on that trend.

I tore some pages out of a book and cut them into strips.
Then I weaved them in and out of each other so that the words are horizontal and vertical. I stuck them onto a piece of card to hold in place.

The swirly butterfly design is a cutting file from the silhouette portrait. I originally cut it in cream but then decided to colour it using a black promarker pen.

The verse inside the image I just typed from my computer, printed onto cream linen card, and then cut the circle out to fit inside the image.
I have added a black frame and mounted onto cream linen card.

The card I have used comes from papermill direct.

4 comments:

  1. Terrific card Janice, I love the effect. I enjoy the weaving so will have to have a go at this
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so pretty Jan, i love it .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Jan, what a great idea of use of a book. Love it.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful jan! Love the weave!
    John x

    ReplyDelete