Followers

Translate

Thursday, 31 July 2014

Xmas Berries

Hopefully yesterdays card that I scheduled, appeared ok, otherwise you wont know what I'm talking about LOL !!

Todays card is another one using Craftwork Cards Candi and also a Woodware stamp.

On this simple image I didn't have the right colour candi so luckily I had some white so I used my promarkers to achieve the right colour.

I quite often buy white embellishments so that I can colour match my projects better. 

I have a Martha Stewart punch around the page punch of snowflakes. I decided to try and make the corner punch works inwards rather than outwards.

I cut my piece of card so that was larger than my piece of pattern paper. Then using a craft knife, I carefully cut out the middle so that I had created a frame large enough to be able to use the punch. I had to work backwards with the punch, looking at the underneath blades to line up the paper correctly.

I punched the 4 internal corners, and then slipped the corners of my patterned paper inside the snowflake (like photo mounts) to hold the paper.

I had some cream ribbon with red snowflakes on which matched perfectly.
So I backed the ribbon on a strip of red card at the top and bottom.

A classic colour combination of red and cream.

4 comments:

  1. A lovely card Janice , i must get some candy and use my imagination a bit more .
    Take care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice, You've posted quite a variety of creations whilst I have been away. The way you have used the candi on today's card is so effective. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice, I love this idea, the cards are really lovely.
    I think I had better hunt out the woodware stamps LOL!!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Jan, love the simplicity of it. great design.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete