Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Acetate Christmas Card

 I bought a die from Anna Griffin called Flourish Emblem. It is a lovely ornate large die (size 5 x7). I decided to cut it out on cheap white card, this I then used as a template. I got some double sided sticky sheets and lay the card template in the middle. Then I sprinkled gold glitter all over the card and pressed down to make sure that it was stuck well to the double sided sticky sheet. Once I was happy with the gold I carefully removed the card template which then revealed the die shape with no glitter on - then I sprinkled red glitter onto the card- the red glitter only stuck where the template had been .
 I didn't want to add anything onto the pattern so I had some printable acetate which I printed the word "merry Christmas".  I cut out 2 black holly corners (Cheery lynn designs) and stuck onto the acetate.
 The image before the acetate over. This piece is stuck onto a red card blank.
The side image. I stuck the acetate to the card blank and then stuck the glittered sheet as I didn't want the acetate to be seen at the back.

5 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card Janice ,i love acetate cards ,but dont seem to see as many around now .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Janice, similar to the one I made for John Next Door. I think I will make something like this for Christmas cards too, need to be flat for posting. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting card method though I'm not a glitter person! Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Jan,

    Love the design, I went and bought more self adhesive sheets yesterday so I can play when I return from hols lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janice
    Great card. Love the acetate cover. I don't think mine is printable stuff but may give it a go as this looks very effective.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete