Followers

Translate

Friday, 29 August 2014

Christmas Fireplace Card





Another day, another Christmas card made LOL !!

This time using another new die from Create and Craft. The fireplace - a set of 5 dies:- fire, fire surround, holly garland, stocking and stocking top.

I cut the fire and fire surround in a glossy black card. Then with the fire I cut a small piece of white card and using promarkers "created the fire" and stuck to the back of the fire. The holly garland I cut out twice to go the length of the mantelpiece. I added "holly berries" by drawing on dots in groups of 3 along the length. I then added a tartan "rug" in front of the fire.

This was then backed onto red card which I had used to cut out SP "Tranquil moments" largest die. This was then backed onto tartan paper. I don't know why tartan is always connected to Christmas (maybe it's because of shortbread biscuits !!) but it goes so well.

The flourish on either side is from Memory Box " Fauntleroy crest". The poinsettia and wording are by Robert Addams dies.

To me this card would be more for a male, even with the flower....do you agree?

4 comments:

  1. Does your bank manager know how much you have spent on new Christmas dies this year!!! Never mind they are being put to good use making some lovely cards. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,

    Lovely card, I succumbed and bought the two Carole singers lol! Could not let them go at that price lol!
    The fireplace is lovely with so many dies with it.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    I can almost feel the warmth from the fire lol!
    Love the festive scene you have created.
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete