Followers

Translate

Saturday, 30 August 2014

Christmas is a Joy !!!!!!!!!!!!

How many people can say that LOL !!.

This card is made using another new die from Sue Wilson. The Joy die comes in two parts. The filigree top piece and a solid bottom piece. Although you see white underneath the red "Joy" I had actually used the solid bottom piece in white and then stuck it onto the white background piece so that it does stand a little bit proud of the card. I have used SB Poinsettia die and a piece of card that looks very much like vellum but is a lot thicker. I have used a water colour pencil in red, to edge the poinsettia petals. The centre piece is a brad.

This is the last of Christmas cards scheduled for this week, as I have been knitting during the last few evenings, and not been making cards.

Hopefully on Saturday there maybe a photo of what I've been knitting......check my blog tomorrow!! xxx

4 comments:

  1. Good morning Janice, I rather like the Joy die particularly as you have the solid letters for contrast. I've been knitting as well this last few nights ready for the new arrival in November, trouble is all my patterns are for girls and as it is a boy I have had to rethink the buttonhole bands so having done the second front last night I then had to undo it as I had the extra stitches for the band on the wrong side! Frustrations. Good job it is only small and won't take too ling to reknit. Have a good weekend, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice
    Lovely card. The background paper is great. A nice backdrop for the lovely embellishments.
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Jan, I shall look forward to seeing what you have been knitting lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete