Followers

Translate

Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Continuing the Baby Theme... this time a blanket.

 This blanket that I have made is actually done by crochet, although it looks like knitting. The crochet stitch is called "blanket stitch". I didn't know how to crochet this but I checked out you-tube where I got a step by step instruction on how to do the stitch. I have used an arran wool so should be nice and warm for the baby.
A close up of the stitch pattern.

It was really easy to do and both sides look the same. The top photo is more a truer colour to the real thing.

This is for my nephew & his wife's baby which is due in December.

3 comments:

  1. Hey I love this Janice, love that stitch and now I,m going to have to you tube it too.
    My DIL wants me to crochet cot bumpers for her!!!!xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,

    What a beautiful blanket. Love the stitch, it does look knitted. Well done, just beautiful.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice, I'm going to look at U Tube sometime for this as it is most interesting, not that I crochet admittedly but my nephew and his wife are expecting their first baby in November and I haven't even started thinking what to do yet other than buying a memory book from Hunkydory which they can put together for the baby's first year! best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete