Followers

Translate

Sunday, 17 August 2014

Decorative Envelope Die Card

Tonic are bringing out some lovely dies lately and I succumbed to buying this set. It's the "Verso Decorative Envelope Die Set 2". There are 6 dies in the set, 2 triangular pattern dies and 4 co-ordinating edges.

I have used one of the triangular dies and cut onto card 4 times, rotating the die every other one so that I get an opposite pattern each time.

Simply backed onto cream card, I have added a black chiffon and satin ribbon across the middle, a black and cream flower (delicate Aster) and a paper red rose. The red wording is from Robert Addams dies. I have added some red gems across the bottom and top and also in the middle of each "half". I could have added a red gem in each of the flowers, but I think it looks better like this (plus I'm too mean to add too many gems to a card !!)

5 comments:

  1. I understand why you went for this one, so gorgeous, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww such a beautiful card, loving the red to make it pop !
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Jan, love the use of the die.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card ,tonic are bringing some fab die alright ,would want bank behind to buy every die you like .great use of dies on this card ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janice
    Wow, love this.and striking colour combo.
    Know what you mean about the gems lol!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete