Followers

Translate

Monday, 25 August 2014

Flying Butterflies !!

 Happy Bank Holiday Monday.......just to remind you that the next bank holiday will be Christmas Day !!  - 17 Mondays time will be the week leading up to the big day !!  Time to start making Christmas Cards !!! LOL !!!!

Having said that, here is a summery, pastel shaded, butterfly card.

I have stitched this onto PMD linen card, in variegated threads of pink, blue, silver & bronze.

The background embossed section is also on PMD linen card using an XCut embossing folder which I have then brushed over with distress ink using a shaving brush (my preferred method as I tend to get streaks and lines using anything else).
The actual stitched piece has been mounted onto pale blue mirri card. I have also used a pale pink mirri card for the floral corner (Tonic envelope die). I have added turquoise gems across the corner piece. The sentiment is from Anna Marie Designs across some pink ric-rac ribbon.
Same photo only on different background as sometimes pale cards don't show up that well.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my where has the year gone ? it seems the older you get the quicker they fly by .
    Lovely card ,beautiful butterflies .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice
    Thanks for mentioning the C word lol!
    Pretty card. Love your stitching and embossing.
    Have a great week.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely design Janice, I adore butterflies, xxxx

    ReplyDelete