Followers

Translate

Friday, 1 August 2014

Think Big for Christmas !!

 This card that I have made has been created using a small die and enlarging on paper and then using as a template.

If you look at the photo below you can see the actual size of the die and the cut-out. I used the cut-out and using my photocopier, enlarged the image until it was as big as I wanted.

I then used this as a template to cut out my piece of card stock.

I have used this technique on Christmas cushions (not finished yet so no photos at the moment). It makes your dies a little bit more useful - although you couldn't do it with really intricate dies. 

As yet I haven't decorated this card yet because I'm not sure who will be receiving this card - to me it looks quite masculine, but if I add some poinsettia flowers it will then to suitable for a female. I have backed it onto a red and then black oval. The background tartan paper is actually sticky- back paper. Quite tricky to put onto card (had to be careful not to get any creases or air bubbles in)
The die is from Marianne Designs LR0177.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Janice
    For the pins I need to know your email to raise a Paypal invoice, how many you want and do you want a mixture of colours and sizes, 5.5cm and 3.5cm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,

    Beautiful card, you have done a great job on this enlarging it.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea and it has enlarged so well

    ReplyDelete