Followers

Translate

Thursday, 28 August 2014

Tonic & Sue Wilson Dies.




Both Tonic, Sue Wilson & Create and Craft have brought out some lovely Xmas dies ready for us crafters to start on making all those Christmas cards.
 
If you follow my blog regularly, you will notice I have made a start on Christmas and have made quite a few already. This week has also been a Christmassy themed week for cards.
 
Today I have used tonic header die to create the main shape. With the wording "winter wishes" cut out, I don't need to add a sentiment. Also I have kept the wording "cut outs" for me to use on another card, so a very useful die.
 
The middle "snow" is from Sue Wilson, just the right amount of flourishes around the word so not too fussy and intricate that it becomes a nightmare to cut out (like some dies can be!!) this cut out beautifully with no problems. Although when I have a die that is intricate I do rub it over with a tumble dryer sheet-which does help it pop out.
 
I have backed it onto tartan paper and added Ivy in each corner (Marianne Die).
 
The holly decoration is actually confetti for the table. It cost about £1 and there are loads in there, you have to stick the red berries on separately, but very effective as an additional embellishment.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card Janice and the die is gorgeous, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice card Janice best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Jan, love the use of the different dies they all go together so well.
    Loved yesterdays card too with the baubles. There are loads of great products coming out at the moment, far too many if you know what I mean lol! Every year I say I am not going to buy any more then I do! Just need the time now to use them lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice
    You lucky girlie. That Sue die was top of my list but as my local craft show was sold out, I just got "Peace".
    Wonderful card. All the dies go together perfectly.
    I too use tumble dryer sheets and introduced John to them last week.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That should be local craft shop, lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete