Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Xmas Cushion # 1


Some time ago (the beginning of the year) I decided to make some Christmas cushions.......














I used my dies as templates (in some cases if I had to enlarge the image) to cut out the designs for my cushions, or I used the dies directly to cut out the felt. I have kept the felt colours red and green.
 The start of the cushions (the candles were enlarged)....
 The baubles were original sizes......
 The owl enlarged quite a few times.....
 The reindeers enlarged and reversed.....
 and the stockings enlarged.....



 Here is the first cushion complete. I have used ribbon across the top and added xmas charms. The Owl has hot fix crystals in the centre of his eyes and at bottom of front (cant see too well). I have used an embroidery stitch on my sewing machine across the top and bottom (which is quite Nordic). All the felt patterns where sewn on by hand using blanket stitch. I have kept the colours cream, red & green.
H
The backing of each cushion will be the same material. I just need to add some press studs to hold the flap down.
 
Hopefully this week I will be able to complete the rest of the cushions.... so keep stopping by to check!! 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Janice
    Gosh you have been busy. Your house is going to look amazing at Christmas.
    Have a great evening.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,

    WOW! These are fabulous, love them all, your home will look very festive this year lol!

    You should be very proud of yourself with all the work that was involved.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete