Followers

Translate

Sunday, 3 August 2014

Xmas Hanging Globe Decoration !!

That's the best way to describe this creation. I started off thinking about doing a Christmas landscape card. I have got 3 dies with different landscapes on that all work well together. I started cutting them out of white card and arranging them in layers. I used a silver pen to highlight the sides of the houses, the trees and the horizon (although you cant really see this in the photo).Then I thought I would add a dome to it. I bought these plastic domes from Hunkydory about 2 years ago and I think I've only used 1. Whilst digging these out from a cupboard I came across some thick card hoops- don't know where I bought these from LOL !!. Perfect I thought I could have the dome on this with the landscape sandwiched between the 2 hoops. I have added "snow" inside the globe for effect.

I have covered both sides of the hoops with turquoise glitter paper and added bling on a roll around the front and side of the hoop. The ribbon to hang completes this project.

Apologies if you cannot see to clearly the landscape detail - the dome was too reflective when I took the photograph.



4 comments:

  1. Simply Gorgeous ! Janice i love this .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is wow Janice. lovely project best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, gorgeous card Jan, love it. Great to hang up a Christmas. Love the colour.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan
    Great idea for Christmas decor. Love it!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete