Followers

Translate

Monday, 1 September 2014

A Stitched Xmas Card.






This stitched card features "Humphrey the elephant". Crafters Companion does a cd rom and also stamps featuring Humphrey and his family. Their expressions are so life-like and really tell the story.
 
When I first stitched this card, I had it in my mind to add a candle where the elephant is. But when I looked through my stamps I came across Humphrey and decided I would "risk" stamping directly onto the linen card and use my promarkers to colour it in. Luckily it went well. The die shape is from "Go Kreate". I have added wording (Robert Addams) and snowflakes (a punch and Robert Addams die).
 
Not too fussy this card and I feel an unusual colour scheme for a Christmas card.
 
 
Have now entered this card into the "Bearlymine-Challenges" for Sept. Their theme is Autumnal colours, on the recommendation of Jacquie....thanks x

6 comments:

  1. So cute Janice, lovely card, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,

    Love it, the image is sooooo cute, love the Elephant in his wellington boots lol! You could enter this into the bearly mine challenges at http://bearlymine-challenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/september-2014-challenge-autumnal.html

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacquie, I have entered this challenge. Are you on the DT? X

      Delete
  3. Hi Janice
    I love your stitched cards and this one is terrific as usual.
    Good luck in your challenge.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card and unusual yet beautiful colors for a christmas card...loved it
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janice, it seems there is a lot of presenters saying that kraft card is the way to go this Christmas so you are bang on trend with this cute little card! best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete