Followers

Translate

Monday, 22 September 2014

An Orange for Christmas? .... LOL !!


Morning everyone...Hope you all had a good weekend. I had a fab day on Saturday, I went to ally pally for the craft show and met John Lockwood (john- next-door). He was on the creative expressions stand along with Phil Martin & Julia Watts. He also did a lovely demo of a candle wreath using the Sue Wilson poinsettia dies. He will probably show it on his blog now that the show is over....so check out his blog (clink on the link from my blog list) and watch this space for my version of it soon....

Now for todays card you might be wondering at the title. Well, if like me, you have parents who were children during the WW2, you might have been told that every Christmas all they got was an orange and a small toy (if they were lucky). My brothers and I were always told this during the build up to Christmas when we were probably going on and on about what we wanted.


Anyway, when I did the stitching in shades of red and orange I had in mind to make a Christmas card using non traditional colours. I had this image of Father Christmas from a magazine "Make Christmas Cards" Christmas special. (Christine Emberson is also featured in the magazine). I added some pinflair "ice diamond" to the fur of the image. Layered onto green, orange and red card before the backing paper the only embellishment is the wording (Robert Addams). When I added the orange card my parents words popped into my head, hence the title.

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment as I love to receive feedback - and always read the comments.


3 comments:

  1. Good morning Janice, what a bright pretty card - though I have to admit I didn't notice the backing paper when I first looked at it. I thought the orange colour card was the card if you see what I mean! the ice diamond really makes the "fur" pop. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,

    Beautiful card, love the colour and yes my parents always told me the same, in fact I too have told my kids that we always used to get fruit and toys just to fill a pillow case, if kids of today were given just that I think they would throw a wobbly or two lol!

    Loved your box yesterday for the HC Challenge.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    Cute Santa and great stitching design again.
    Glad you got to meet up with John.
    I used to get satsumas in my Santa sack so guessing that was some throw back to my parents Christmas's.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete