Followers

Translate

Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Finishing off jobs and a new baby boy blanket.

Well good morning everyone. Hope you all had a good weekend and enjoyed the sunshine and warm weather that we had.

Following on from Saturday, when I had my braces fitted, I have had trouble eating, as I can't  chew properly at the moment. So  I am living on porridge in the mornings, soup at lunchtime and mash potato and vegetables in the evenings.....a good way to loose a bit of weight!!!

I can fill you in as to what I've been doing in my craft room.

I had a weekend of finishing off jobs.

I sewed the press studs onto my Christmas Cushions.
I added 3 buttons to the Thomas the tank engine jumper.
And I finally finished this second baby blanket, this time in blue.
I have taken the photo before I have "set it out" as I was impatient to show something today. For those of you who don't know what "setting out" is, it's where you lay your finished knitted/crochet project onto a damp towel and set it out so that the seams are straight, the piece is square, and is the correct size, and generally, it is looking like you want it to look when finished. Then you make sure that the edges of the damp towel is over the front of your piece and then cover with another dry towel. This you leave somewhere flat until dry. The seams will look as if they have been pressed and the piece will be square and "set" to the correct measurements.

 looking a bit out of shape....
a close up of the blanket crochet stitch. This is a good stitch to use for a blanket, as the reverse of the piece is the same as the front.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan,

    Sorry to hear your braces are playing you up a bit but it does sound like an opportunity to lose weight if you need to lol!


    Loving your blanket, that stitch is so gorgeous.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice
    Blimey, I hope that this menu doesn't last for the duration of wearing your braces otherwise you will disappear lol!!!
    Gorgeous blanket. Wish I could do something like this but when I crocheted when I was younger, it was just straight lines lol!!!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete