Followers

Translate

Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Poinsettia Wreath...a la` john next door !!




Good morning everyone.
 
Today's offering has been influenced by John Lockwood (john-next-door).
I met him at Ally Pally where he had several wreaths that he had created using the Sue Wilson poinsettia dies and stamps. Here is my version using Spellbinders poinsettia dies and stamps. I have used the new Cosmic Shimmer Christmas Red Sparkle embossing powder for the stamped poinsettias. I stamped them first and when I had heat set them I cut them out by hand as I found that the die doesn't line up without cutting off some of the embossed edges. As the poinsettia is such a simple shape it was easy to do.



 I covered the polystyrene ring with lime green ribbon. I also cut out some poinsettias in a plain red card and then embossed them through the GC. I used a hot gun to attach to the wreath and then stuck some flatbed pearls in the centre of each flower. As well as the full poinsettias I also added in single layered flowers and parts of the flowers where there seemed to be a gap.

Thanks John xx

This is not the first wreath that I have made. Quite some time ago I made this wreath by cutting out "SP Spiral Blossom one" out of red felt. It took quite a few as you can see. I stand a candle in the centre of this one for the Christmas table.

And this wreath I knitted last year. This one I hang on the internal front door (inside porch).
In both photos the reds look quite pink, but in real life they are a true Christmas Red. 

3 comments:

  1. What lovely wreaths Janice, I love the felt one for the candle but they are all lovely. I,m busy trying to crochet little Christmas bootees for Noah, his Mum found some on FB and asked if I could adapt!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling we will all be making wreaths this year as John has given us all the nudge we need to get going. Yours all look so bright and cheerful, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan,

    Brilliant wreaths, all three wow! I was hoping to make a wreath myself this year during the summer but just did not have the time!

    Loved your Rudolf card too, such a lovely stamp.

    Thank you for your kind comments, luckily I am not in too much pain just niggly every now and then, was hoping to get it sorted before it got to that stage lol!

    Take care,

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete