Followers

Translate

Thursday, 30 October 2014

A Handbag with Drawers.

 I have made this handbag with drawers for my friend's Granddaughter who will be 11 this month and loves pink!!

I designed this myself last year as I wanted to make my nieces something that they could have in their bedrooms to hold a few bits and pieces in. It sits well on a dressing table as it's not too big, but having 3 drawers, is quite useful. And of course all girls like a handbag !!!

So I decided to make another one in pink and black. I have used decorative buttons for the handles on the drawers and also for the handbag handle. Also I added some "Faux" stitching around the handle tabs. I used "Martha Stewart" punch for the flower decorations on the bag.


 The size of the handbag is approx. 10.5 x 9.5 x 3.5 inches.
A close up of the heart buttons. (just realised whilst doing this that I missed a gem off the top drawer - doh !!!!!) Have put it on now !!
 
 
I did a teapot design in a similar way last year for a Xmas present for my mum & Mother-in-law.                                  


 2 teapots with different openings. The red one has a single pull out drawer in the centre and the pink/cream one has a "lid" to enable to put a larger item into.


 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Janice stunning or what? You never cease to amaze me with your talents. These are all beautiful in their own right and your friends Gran daughter is going to love this.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ,stunning lots of work involved with a fab result.great project ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popped over from Jacqui ( jewelscard craft) . Your bag and tea pots are stunning and so different. Will go have a look at more of your work. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janice, I have just been looking back at some of your fantastic work, I haven't commented on everything or I would have been at it all night. You have wonderful ideas in so many different crafts, your one talented lady. Also I have become one of your followers as I would hate to miss seeing your work. Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janice
    Another great idea from you. Drawers in these. . . . . .genius!
    Love the teapots in particular and great to see Hazel has discovered your talents.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete