Followers

Translate

Wednesday, 8 October 2014

A little handbag book

Well, good afternoon everyone, thanks for joining me on my blog today.
Today it has rained almost non stop here in Kent. The sun has now decided to show it's face and it's lovely and sunny.
I was shown how to make this handbag book yesterday by a crafting friend and couldn't wait to have a go myself.

It consists of 6 sheets of square paper. I have used 6 x 6 to get a finished book of 3 x 3, but you could use any size square, although I wouldn't recommend any smaller than 6 x 6. By doing a series of folds you get the "frame" of each page. You then add a square piece of card in the centre of each frame which is held by the corners, although you could glue it in place. A small strip of card is added at the sides to connect each page.
 The book closed up.
 Although I have done 6 pages, you could do as many as you wanted, providing you do an even number, otherwise the book wont close properly.
 The strips are folded before attaching to each page so that you get a concertina effect. Ribbon is added at each end to tie together.

As you can see, my Rolo is the star of this book !! I used spellbinders scalloped squares die to cut each photo to the right size.

This would make a super pressie for grandparents showing the grandchildren as they grow from birth upwards- although maybe 18 pages is too much LOL !!

Have a good afternoon crafting and come back soon for another instalment !!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Janice this looks fab, I will have to try this one, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous Jan, I did used to have the plans for this as i was going to make one myself but have lost them lol!

    Loved yesterdays box card too and Rolo looks like an adorable little chappie.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice
    Love this as you could make one for so many occasions. Looks great chuck!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete