Followers

Translate

Monday, 27 October 2014

A Red & White Creation Using Sue Wilson Dies.



 Here is a card using Sue Wilson "French Collection" dies. I bought them on C&C after seeing John Lockwood Demonstrate them. I hadn't realised just how versatile they are, as each set can be used with each other. There are a total of 13 dies that all work well together- 6 patterned dies and 7 plain shaped dies - there are no duplicates so that if you just used the plain shapes you can do 7 different sized layers.  I have also had a go at the technique that John showed of using an embossing folder on a piece of card and then using a brayer and embossing ink and powders to create a lovely background. I was quite pleased with my first attempt - although there are few little smudges around the edge and middle. I have also used Spellbinders "Blooms One" for the flowers, with  pearls stuck in the centres.
 I added a shaped piece inside the card for me to write on.
A close-up of the embossing piece. I used Cosmic Shimmer "Christmas Red Sparkle" embossing powder.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janice
    I only have the Striplets but can see these are versatile dies. Lovely background you have created and the flowers are fab.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete