Followers

Translate

Thursday, 2 October 2014

A Tall Order !!

 
When I first started to put this card together I had in my mind to do a normal   6 x 6 or 8 x 8 card. I designed the top part and arranged my layers. Then I got an A3 piece of red card and scored it at 6.5 inches to give me my card base. Then I folded it on the score line and trimmed the excess off from the side. Once I had done this I still had a large piece at the bottom of the card to trim off, but that's when inspiration struck and I decided to have the same layers on the bottom half, but instead of a topper, I would just have a sentiment. So this card now measures 6.5 x 11.5 inches - will be fun trying to make an envelope to fit !!! I don't quite know why we all use tartan at Christmas, but it works. The corner dots are from docrafts and are slightly larger than the normal craftwork cards candi. 



A close up of the stitching, which was a very simple pattern, done in a variegated thread of red, white and blue.

2 comments:

  1. Stunning Jan, love the image, design and that beautiful stitching. Good luck with the envelope lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice
    Yes, where did the tartan at Christmas come from lol?
    I love your stitched cards. Works of art! Have fun with the envelope!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete